Monday, November 06, 2006

politicked off

Tomorrow is election day. Finally. Now maybe our phone will stop ringing off the blessed hook. I am so tired of being summoned from the shower, awakened from my Sunday afternoon nap, rudely jerked from my Saturday sleep-in morning, and intterupted in the middle of a gripping episode of CSI or Desperate Housewives only to be greeted by some recording of a politician or their wife or some random person drumming up support for their candidate. Thank God for TiVo, or I may have been reduced to hunting these politicians down - they are in season, aren't they?

Anyway, I've devised a new gameplan for voting. If I have received a phone call featuring a recorded plea for my support in the name of any candidate on the ballot, they've made my list. My do-not-vote list.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not just going to vote for some random person whose name sounds good with the title for which they are running. I'm an informed voter. I just feel that if I can be an informed voter and still protest the telemarketing-politics in some small way, it's a win-win situation.

Actually, what I really ought to do is wait until Wednesday morning and then track down all the winning candidates' home phone numbers. Then I could call THEM at obscene hours asking them to support issues that I find important. Hey - let's all do that!

No comments: